Motor Vehicle Accidents

Serious car and other motor vehicle accidents require the guidance of an experienced attorney. Our firm has years of experience representing and helping people who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents, including automobile, motorcycle, and tractor trailer (18 wheeler) accidents in Indiana and Illinois.

If you are involved in an accident, do not mention who was at fault. Get the names of witnesses and write them down with contact information. Get medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. If possible, take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicle involved. Take pictures of the location where the accident took place. Claims investigators from the other driver's insurance company or representatives of your own insurance company may contact you. Other than reporting your claim to your insurance company, you should not give them statements about the accident. First, talk with us.

Remember, if a driver fails to use reasonable care and as a result of that failure you are injured, then the driver is responsible (liable) to you for those injuries. If you are a passenger in a vehicle involved in an accident, you may file an injury claim under both the liability insurance coverage of the driver or owner of the car you were in and the coverage of the driver or owner of any other vehicle involved. However, you cannot collect from both drivers an amount more than your total claim is worth, but if one driver or owner does not have insurance to cover your total damages, you can make up the rest against another. And you can collect against either the other driver or owner even if he or she was not greatly at fault because as a passenger you were not at all at fault.

Our firm also represents individuals and the families of individuals injured or killed in airplane, railroad, boating, and other transportation and recreational vehicle accidents. In addition we handle premise liability, products liability, personal injury and Medical Malpractice cases, serving clients throughout northwest Indiana, including Elkhart, Goshen, Gary, South Bend and areas surrounding Indiana's Newton, LaPorte, and Lake counties as well as Chicago, Illinois and surrounding communities.

Call Us Now at 1-800-366-0201 for a Free, Initial Consultation.

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.